Sunday

Shalla Finishes 1st Round of Editing

******* Time to celebrate! *******
Party! Party! Party!
Congrats SHALLA!
As you may know, I read SELF EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS: How to Edit Yourself Into Print and about 4 weeks ago, started using it on my manuscript.

Well, just finished and like to celebrate. This is Round #1, getting the "fat" out, extraneous stuff, repeats, and let the reader's imagination fill in some of the details.

Ie.

"Ok, huge news! Where's everybody?!" Jack says, jumping around, twisting his waist back and forth. "Are you the only one here?"

Usually, it's best to just leave Jack says and take out jumping around, twisting his waist back and forth


(although in this particular case, I'll probably leave the action info, but take out too much of it, depending of course on the rhythm of the scene, ie. a fast action scene = less beats )
Shalla's Round #2? Punching Up scenes
Ie. dramatic scenes = make more dramatic
romantic scenes = make more romantic
funny scenes = put funnier lines, always true to character
Stir reader's emotions, entertain, free their imaginations, connect readers to my words, my story, my scenes