Friday

Like to Write Fascinating Metaphors?

I've been reading lots of award-winning short stories and it struck me, they use metaphors beautifully!
So, how to write fascinating metaphors that create vivid images?

What is a metaphor?

A metaphor is a figure of speech that compares two different things without using a word of comparison such as like or as:


Steps to help you write a metaphor.

1. Choose a Noun.
2. Ask yourself, " What different thing can I compare it to?"
3. Write your metaphor.



For example:
1. Noun: umbrella
2. I will compare it to a roof.
3. The umbrella was a roof over my head.

Now, you try it. Follow the steps.

1. Pick a noun _______________________
2. Compare it to _____________________
3. Write your metaphor. _____________________________________

For more of this wonderful explanation: ABC Teach.com